User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 4:37:52 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe needs a motherboard BIOS flash?

I've encountered 2 regular blue screen issues with XP. Bad RAM and BIOS.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a driver conflict.  Try running windows update and make sure you have the latest service pack.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#4]
  make sure you ground yourself . reseat the video card.    if you still have problems i would guess faulty ram, or the video card faulty
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#5]
In addition to the above, what O/S are you using?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
every time I add new hardware? Computer is an HP 2500 w/pentium 4, 2 years old.
Upgraded the video card, and now when playing games it gives me the blue screen of death when I try to do anything other than move the characters. Am I doing something wrong? Help!

Buy a Mac.
Although you won't get the gaming out of it as well, but most everything else will be a big improvement.  On a serious note, same advice...check the video card driver and the card itself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Because you're using a Microsoft OS!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you go from from an ATI card to NVidia or vise versa? These changes will leave bits of drivers in the O/S and cause conflicts, if this is the case there is a driver cleaner to take care of this, let me know if you need it, I'll go find it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you go from from an ATI card to NVidia or vise versa? These changes will leave bits of drivers in the O/S and cause conflicts, if this is the case there is a driver cleaner to take care of this, let me know if you need it, I'll go find it.

dilligaff, that's it exactly. If you have something that would help I'd be indebted to you.

to everyone else, thanks for the replies. Windows XP is the OS. Believe me, I wish MACs had the software like MS does, if only Apple had done the licensing like Gatres did.

OK, here's the link, it's free, the only advice I have is to follow the instructions exactly, this does work, and well, I have used it a few times on both my own boxes and friends boxes, good luck.
www.drivercleaner.net/
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top