Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 1:56:14 PM EDT
Does anyone have any Audio Compressing Codecs or at least a link where I can download an Audio Codec so I can do the compression myself.

Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone have any Audio Compressing Codecs or at least a link where I can download an Audio Codec so I can do the compression myself.

Much appreciated.

Which codec?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Any codec.  I don't have any experience with any specific Audio Codec so I'd like some advice from any first hand experience in Audio Compression that any of you might have.  I know AC3 is very popular but I don't want to go off of that just cuz I see it around everywhere.

I know I could Google it but I'm feeling a bit unsuccessful thus far.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 9:40:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Well.. what  format do you want the output to be in?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm looking for a good Audio Compression to go along w/ my Video Compression.  I use DiVX 6 for Video but would like something to shrink down my audio w/o losing quality.  Thus far I seem to be leaning towards AC3 Compression but am not sure where to find the tool.

Maybe it's about time I start utilizing Google and stop being a lazy ass.  LOL

Any help is greatly appreciated however.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm looking for a good Audio Compression to go along w/ my Video Compression.  I use DiVX 6 for Video but would like something to shrink down my audio w/o losing quality.  Thus far I seem to be leaning towards AC3 Compression but am not sure where to find the tool.

Maybe it's about time I start utilizing Google and stop being a lazy ass.  LOL

battellemedia.com/images/bart.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated however.

I've pretty much stuck w/MP3 for my DivX's...and 48-bit at that....for the audio that is...the video is usually around 950k or so.  But then again, I'm not exactly making major motion pictures...just home movies for grandma and episodes of Stargate, Top Gear, etc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Difinitely MP3. You just won't find the same quality in the free AC3 encoders. Check out the guides at doom9.net/. Good audio/video info there. For audio-only info check out hydrogenaudio.com.

BeSweet is a common audio transcoding tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top