Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 9:25:01 AM EDT
Picked up a couple of new comnputer items, including some printers and need some cables (mostly USB) - is there any practical difference between brand name cables, cheapie no-names from China or super delux rhodium plated dilithium cables?

Guess I could go to the local office store or CompUSA or Circuit City, but not in a hurry and figure they probably overcharge for that sort of thing... any internet stores have really good cables for a really good price?

oh yes, here is one of the printers (laser duplex), pretty good deal I thought...

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
check out tigerdirect.  I build all my computer with their stuff, they also have good customer service.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
High quality cables only matter when using
very long lengths of cable.
Don't pay through the nose, but don't buy obvious crap.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
don't fall for the Monster Cable marketing either.
I use these guys for all my AV stuff but they also have a ton of computer cablesa2zcable.com
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use these guys for all my AV stuff but they also have a ton of computer cablesa2zcable.com

Good tip! That place is a bunch cheaper than CompUSA or CC (USB printer cable was $25-30 at the stores, about $5 at A2Z)

much obliged!

ETA: shipping was very reasonable and went out the same day.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good tip! That place is a bunch cheaper than CompUSA or CC (USB printer cable was $25-30 at the stores, about $5 at A2Z)

much obliged!

ETA: shipping was very reasonable and went out the same day.

cool, glad I could be of service. I bought a lot of cables from them and they have good stuff
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
check out tigerdirect Newegg.  I build all my computer with their stuff, they also have good customer service.

Fixed for ya.  The ONLY place to buy comptuer hardware online.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~jjgeiser/20021125l.gif

I remember that one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top