Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2005 3:46:49 PM EDT
 I read somewhere that you can overclock the USB ports, so that the mouse can get more data coming thru, and thus get better tracking with mouse.  Has anyone done this, or know where to find out how to do it?

I have a Logitech MX518 and run it on standard mouse program that comes with Windows 2000.  I have to get XP to run the Logitech software. On the Logitech mouse software I used before with MX500, you could max out the psp connection to 200 bits or whatever, a second.   thx
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it,   y not just change the sensitivity level
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
 I read somewhere that you can overclock the USB ports, so that the mouse can get more data coming thru, and thus get better tracking with mouse.  Has anyone done this, or know where to find out how to do it?

I have a Logitech MX518 and run it on standard mouse program that comes with Windows 2000.  I have to get XP to run the Logitech software. On the Logitech mouse software I used before with MX500, you could max out the psp connection to 200 bits or whatever, a second.   thx

Nope, cant do that.

I dont know where you read that, but it surely isnt credible.  More data coming through a USB cable would not even remotely help any mouse, no matter what.

You could always get yourself a real mouse, like a Razer Diamondback or something, if you need that much sensitivity.  There surely isnt anything you can do to the USB port that will help you.

Just try upping the sensitivity in windows, like cruze5 suggested.  Better than using a half-assed utility that isnt needed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
 The Razerback and 518 have the same internal Agilent optical sensor, so I think it is "real" enuf.   Had a Diamondback before this, no better.  They are the same mouse with different bodies, for the most part.

I do not want more sensitivity, but precision.  Turning the sensitivity up just makes the mouse go faster, not with more control.     thanks anyhow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top