Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 2:38:02 AM EDT
Hey guys, I put a video together from a recent shoot and ran into a problem.  Exported it from Premiere(7 Pro, if that matters) and the two programs I tried to convert it to a compressed format both have problems.  TMpeg puts out an audio only file, and WinMPG gives me an error when I try to convert.  I really need to get this done so I can start work on the DVD(yeah, it was that kind of shoot) and I'm stumped.  The raw video plays fine in WMP from start to finish with no problems at all, so I'm not understanding why either of these programs are having problems.  If anyone has a good program I could use it would help me out alot.  Even if it's just a demo, as long as it will do a 5 minute long video it will work for me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I typically use VirtualDub (MPEG version) for most of my compression and simple editing for compressing down to DivX file sizes using these settings:

*Video compression>DivX (you'll need to install the DivX codec ahead of time)
* Audio>Full Processing Mode (lights up audio compression option)
* Audio>Compression>MPEG Layer 3>48Kb

Save as AVI

If you need really small file sizes, Windows Movie Maker 2 is actually pretty good for that type of thing.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help, seems to be working.  Of course, now I see that the video clips I put into the finished video are half the size, so full screen doesn't work but oh well.  Been a while since I used Premiere and when I did I remember it auto-resizing everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top