Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 5:34:19 PM EDT
I've heard good speakers arn't worth much without a nice soundcard.  When I bought my speakers, I just purchased something that could get me buy for 40 bucks--some Philips card.  Anyhow, I'm working with Logitech's Z560 and right now when I watch DVD's or cable tv it seems I get alot of treble through the front  two and none through the back two (maybe the back two just aren't as loud by program?).    I've switched the speakers around and still the same results so I figure it's the sound card's fault.  Any recommendations on a new card with more control?   Not much for gaming, but I love good sounding music.

thnaks tons
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of connections does the card have on it?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
what operating system are you running??? if your running xp    go to the control panel then sounds and audio devices.   then both  advanced tabs.   there are alot of options you can change here

alot of cheap dvd programs will not allow full suround sound I belive the new version of powerdvd required you to buy extra plugins to play surround sound
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
every sound card I've had with front and rear support has had a separate mixer program, inaddition to the drivers, that allows volume and left/right balance adjustments for front and rear separately
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS.
7.1 channel sound.
$99 at Compusa.

I have it and the sound is incredible.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
7.1 channel sound.
$99 at Compusa.

This is the best sound card out there (for consumers anyway).  Watching the deal sites shows it on sale by a good margin sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
7.1 channel sound.
$99 at Compusa.

This is the best sound card out there (for consumers anyway).  Watching the deal sites shows it on sale by a good margin sometimes.

+1

Sounds awesome with a set of Klipsch promedia 5.1 speakers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top