Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 5:05:27 PM EDT
When I try to play some microsoft games, MechWarrior 4 the entire series, I run into problems.

Sometimes it won't load right, it takes command buttons out completly, will start and then freeze up.

I had these same games on my computer before I got back on the internet and everything was fine.
And it happens only to these games.

Could I have some kind of virus?

I have several diffrent detection programs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
While a virus can cause difficulties, it is much more likely that it's more related to the video driver that needs to be updated.  Also many of the popular games rely on (seemingly commonplace!) patches to fix known issues.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
or you might try a newer version of directx
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I downloaded all patches again, just to be sure. Still no go. The game card I have worked just fine for the last 2 yrs. Why would it not be good now?

directx, I did download that already.

It strange that they load with no problems, but that the "buttons" for the games are gone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top