Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 2:18:46 PM EDT
I'm back again with more  questions. This time my question is how do I create my own forum? I have an organization that I would like to create a forum for and I was wondering if there are templates already made that I could use to get my forum up and running. I have 10 mb (I think) of free webspace that comes along with my ISP. Would that be sufficient for a forum < 100 people? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated and thanks for replying to my post about pictures.

GRH - God's Right Hand - "Hold No Quarter. Feel No Remorse"
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out phpBB. You must also have access to a SQL database and PHP. Your ISP should be able to tell you if they provide those. I'm no computer guru and got it running on my linux server. Hope someone that knows a little more about this chimes in.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:08:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I took some info. I gathered from a different forum site and am using the more "noob" friendly ezBoard server. It gives you a free account and such and  a 30 days free "Gold Membership". It is TRULY a template and, although I am computer savvy I am not so internet web page building savvy :) .

Thanks for all the help though guys.. really appreciate it.

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top