Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 7:24:59 PM EDT
Well my gal has a computer from "Tiny," a British computer company that imploded a year or two ago.  Anyway her mouse was made for Tiny by Microsoft.

On to the problem.  The thing often freezes, but sometimes goes crazy.  The computer must be restarted when the mouse freezes to get it to work again.  This has been going on for a couple of days.  It all seems to have started when I opened it and cleaned the wheels on the inside; when I set it down after cleaning it it was frozen.

Any help fellas?

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would seriously get a new mouse.  Logitech optical mice are somewhere around $10 or $15.  It's not really worth your time trying to figure it out and probably not worth trying to clean that sucker out.  

Microsoft probably did NOT make the mouse.  They don't make that shit- it gets made for them.  I'm not sure what you are asking for but if it's so you know if it's similar to other mice, it more than likely is.  You do not need any special software for a mouse like the one you are describing.  I imagine her computer is a little old considering the company went belly up a few years ago.  

Computers are one of those things you don't want to buy new every year but every 2 or 3 you should get a new one, regardless of whether you keep or toss the old one.  When computers get faster, they try to jam more info and power into programs which makes a bigger and faster computer necessary.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would seriously get a new mouse.  Logitech optical mice are somewhere around $10 or $15.  It's not really worth your time trying to figure it out and probably not worth trying to clean that sucker out.  

Microsoft probably did NOT make the mouse.  They don't make that shit- it gets made for them.  I'm not sure what you are asking for but if it's so you know if it's similar to other mice, it more than likely is.  You do not need any special software for a mouse like the one you are describing.  I imagine her computer is a little old considering the company went belly up a few years ago.  

Computers are one of those things you don't want to buy new every year but every 2 or 3 you should get a new one, regardless of whether you keep or toss the old one.  When computers get faster, they try to jam more info and power into programs which makes a bigger and faster computer necessary.  

+1..... get an optical mouse. No moving parts to clean.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input fellas.  I'll go pick up one of those Logitechs today.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to bookend this I got a Logitech mouse that day and her problems vanished.  Thanks fellas.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
i wish my mouse would get rid of all of my problems...

it didn't help with a single problem and it's wireless!!!!  but then again, that's what the shrink is for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top