Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:47:17 PM EDT
What is my computer doing in the forever that it takes from the time I click on a topic untill the topic appears? I can click on something and the little symbol in the bottom corner of my monitor (two monitors connected by an angle) doesn't flash or give any indication of activity. The "loading" blue bar doesn't appear. It just sits there like an impetous three year old saying "NO".

It seems to "jog" it sometimes when I press CTRL-ALT-Delete, pull up the CLOSE PROGRAM screen and then CANCEL. Maybe it was just about to do something anyway, but like scratching the mouse arrow around the screen in frustration, it helps me keep from having to replace a smoking pile of computer guts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, first of all...what kind of computer are you using?  What browser?  Dialup or Broadband???
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Four year old Compaq(French word for turd), Explorer, and dialup Bellsloth usually around 45333.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Four year old Compaq(French word for turd), Explorer, and dialup Bellsloth usually around 45333.

Well, there's your problem right there...slow computer and slow connection...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
HELLO! Your supposed to tell me it's something like a plot by DU and make me feel like it's somebody elses fault so I don't have to spend all my ammo money on DSL and a new computer. LOL

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Your computer is trying to tell you that you are gay. How is that for an answer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe you have bunch of spyware and viruses running on your machine. Have you run Adware and Spybot anti-spyware software? Down load them for free.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
probably spyware and or tons of start up items
my SIX year old computer doesn't do that, and quite honestly there's no reason simple web browsing can't be done at normal speed on a 10 year old system
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Maybe you have bunch of spyware and viruses running on your machine. Have you run Adware and Spybot anti-spyware software? Down load them for free.

WERD...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#9]
computer problem 60666

Are you satan?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
computer problem 60666

Are you satan?

Actually, that's 600666
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Your computer is trying to tell you that you are gay. How is that for an answer?

This from a Californian with a cat for an avatar!

I run my AdAware at least once everyday but not my SpyBot. SpyBot usually doesn't find anything after AdAware on my computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top