Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 4:22:17 PM EDT
I have 2 hours of video on a DVC tape.  
What compression and format do I use to fill my DVD(4 gig)?

Thanks

Mike
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
is that mini dv?  i am assuming you are using a computer?  what o/s?  do you have a firewire(1394) card?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
is that mini dv?  i am assuming you are using a computer?  what o/s?  do you have a firewire(1394) card?  

yes Mini DV, windows XP  and I'm using firewire.  Software is "Roxio easy media creator 7 basic DVD"

I also have DVD Shrink, and DVD Decryper.

Thanks
Mike
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
i have not used that particular software, but there should, i would be some kind of wizard for creating a dvd movie.  this should allow you to import the movie from the camera, do some basic editing, create some basic menues and then it should encode and burn the movie to dvd.  if not, i think windows movie maker has that option.  

dvd shrink/decrypter are for backing up your expensive store bought dvds
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top