Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 8:45:50 AM EDT
during disk clean up operation there is an option box (unchecked) that reads Old Chkdsk Files  

can someone tell me if these are safe to delete?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I would, but they shouldnt be taking up much space anyways.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#2]
sure!!! why not?!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks mtech I feel mmmuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccchhhhhhhhhh better now.

BTW its over 240,000k plus
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:49:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#5]
the chkdsk files are the left overs of previous checks.  When the util finds bits of files that are seemingly not attached to anything anymore and are just taking up space, it dumps them in there.  It's just a collection of some of the garbage on the disk.  Feel free to delete it.  Depending upon how much disk activity you have and how often you run chkdsk the amount of stuff it finds can be quite large.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
There is nothing you can do with those, dump them.

Do a search, or find, and look for *.chk files.  Delete them, and you free of a lot of space.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top