Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 6:16:07 PM EDT
When I recieve an email, that has an attachment (photos for example). The prompt comes up that asks if I want to open it or save it. I highlight open and click "OK". Then I get a message stating that it can not open because it does not recognize the program. Another prompt comes up asking if I want the computer to search for the appropriate program, or if I want to browse to manually search for the program. Well, every time I ask the computer to do it, It can't find an appropriate program.

So, I tried it the other way. I selected the manual search and selected one of my photo programs (due to the email containing pictures). The photo program advised that it could not open the attachment, which is not that big of a deal, however now the photo program automatically runs everytime I go to open an attachment, whether it is a photo, text, whatever.

My question is, how do I cancel the photo program from running every time I go to open an attachment? How do I get back to where it asks if I want to have the computer search for a program, or do it manually?

FYI: I'm using Windows XP SP1 (Home Edition), email is outlook express. My computer is new, only had it about three weeks (Dell Dimension 4600).

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This website will tell you all you need to know about changing associations in windows.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, hopefully that will clear things up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top