Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2004 10:43:59 AM EDT
Can someone point me in the right direction?  I bought one from Newegg but it didnt come with any software.  Also, can someone tell me where I can find some cheap DVD recording software?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:59:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can someone point me in the right direction?  I bought one from Newegg but it didnt come with any software.  Also, can someone tell me where I can find some cheap DVD recording software?  Thanks.

NEC2500 what? DVD Burner??

internal or external

USB?

As for dvd software what kind? To copy DVDs? To make your own? To use a DVD to store computer files?
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

What operating system are you running? No drivers should be required!

Check out the eval version of Nero. It's the best CD/DVD recording SW out there IMO.

www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
shows how computer illiterate i am, i was gonna offer to drive the new model chevy for ya
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, sorry for the lack of info.   Its the internal CD/DVD recorder.  I'm using Windows ME and I need some type of software that will let me copy my Sony Camcorder video to DVD.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess you bought the wrong one as Newegg.com has ones with Roxio for the same price as the ones without.  Before you spend alot for software you would be better off going back to Newegg.com and getting an OEM version of Windows XP as ME is known for being one of the worst operating systems Microsoft put out.  XP also has windows movie maker which will copy from your camcorder.  

Nero works.

If you want to copy DVD's from other DVD's go to Afterdawn.com .
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:52:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I didnt see any that came with Roxio when I bought it.  Crap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Crap, I just saw it.  That sucks! I dont understand why they're the same price though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Try this software Alcohol 120%

This is free burning software, go to the bottom of the page and press download.  I've used it quite often when Nero won't cooperate.  Give this a try.  Also try this website about burining CDs and DVDs.  Lots of good information for you.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#9]
This Forum is agreat source also.  i personally like nero and have used it for many years.  i have also used alcohol 120% and like it also.  as far as getting the video from your camcorder, is it a digital camcorder?  either digital 8 or mini dv?  if that is the case you will need a firewire (1394) card for the interface between the camcorder and the computer.

like others stated, get an oem copy of xp form newegg.  you will have to buy some hardware to get an oem copy, so buy something really cheap.

good luck :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Try this software Alcohol 120%

This is free burning software, go to the bottom of the page and press download.  I've used it quite often when Nero won't cooperate.  Give this a try.  Also try this website about burining CDs and DVDs.  Lots of good information for you.

Hope this helps.

PURPLECHESE, I oughta slap your nuts between two red hot bricks!

That Alcoholshit software stripped my DLL files when I uninstalled it.  It took either a pay call to Microsoft or a reformat of my hard drive.  I reformatted.  

Thats a lot of fukn emotions you caused me!
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hey, sorry for the lack of info.   Its the internal CD/DVD recorder.  I'm using Windows ME and I need some type of software that will let me copy my Sony Camcorder video to DVD.  Thanks for any help.

DVD/CD recorders do not need drivers...

To copy DVDs -> DVD XCopy

To burn CDs/DVDs except movies -> Nero Burning Rom (www.nero.com)

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:19:15 AM EDT
[#12]
321studios was closed down by the courts and they now out of business.

DVDShrink(free) to rip and DVD Decrypter(free) to burn the ISO image or Nero to burn the Video_TS file works much better than DVD X Copy.  I bought X copy when it first came out and though the final version worked fine, it cost $100.00 and there will be no support or further versions now.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:43:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Is NEC back in the PC business?  I thought the last they marketed had a Pentium PII processor runing around 500Mz or so.

<ETA>  Wow.  Googled and answered my own question. Thought they had vanished from the field.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#14]

PURPLECHESE, I oughta slap your nuts between two red hot bricks!

Is that a promise?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#15]
SLAP!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#16]
tagged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top