Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2021 11:02:39 PM EDT
I wish Adobe and their BS PDF file system would die a painful death. Why anyone would want to use that shit proprietary format that you have to pay to edit is beyond me.

At the moment I want to save a PDF file into a word document so I can print it the way I want. Occasionally I also run into instances wishing I could edit PDF files too. I absolutely won't pay Adobe's subscription fee, you can probably tell I don't like them a little bit

There looks to be thousands of PDF editors out there and I'd wager half of them are scams or information harvesting programs. What would you guys recommend for a good PDF editing program? At this point I don't mind spending money to get a good product, I just won't be giving it to Adobe.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I used GostScript with Ghostview in the past.  It would not recognize any of the latest .pdf stuff produced by Adobe so seems Adobe added stuff in their documents to stop it.  I just sign up for the Adobe DC trial subscription and cancel before the time period runs out.  I keep doing this with new yahoo email addresses each time I need to edit a document.  I don't need to edit very often however.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Foxit works great.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out Wondershare
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Bluebeam, It's spendy but half what adobe costs and twice as powerful.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried the fox one and am pretty happy. 14 day free trial but I didn't have to do much to install it so that looks like the way I'll go in the future. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Foxit works great.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I use Master PDF Editor.  Works great.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Foxit works great.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I use PDF Exchange Editor.  It does way more than Adobe.

https://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-editor
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:04:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Nitro Pro master race.

https://www.gonitro.com/
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Microsoft Word
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top