Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 9:04:00 PM EDT
Our “olden days” doorbell crapped out.

Thought Id upgrade  something with a camera or even audio.

Consumer Reports recommends the Nest Hello Video
Wisenet, Simplisafe and Ring in that order

We dont have any other smart stuff we use but are Apple and Mac users.

Open to ideas
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Eufy doorbell camera, which is by the Anker hardware people. It's 2K resolution and a big step up from my Ring.

Also, the storage is local to the doorbell. While I can't verify everything about it, I still feel like that's a relatively better solution than the online cloud storage of Nest (GOOGLE) and Ring (AMAZON), who are all too helpful and ready to let you share your footage with the police and whoever.

FWIW
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, i just read some archived threads on this and was coming back here to ask about the Eufy...ill start shopping for it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Set up the Camelizer plug-in or another price watcher on your browser. Amazon regularly has deals on the Eufy. Seems like it retails for about $160, but you can often find it for $105-115.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought the Eufy, easy to install and seems to be working good.

Thx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top