Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2021 10:47:33 AM EDT
I have a Samsung ativ9 i7 and its been pretty good the last 4 years. Finally the screen hinges went out and i attempted to replace them. Everything was smooth until try to get at the hinges behind the screen. While trying to remove the screen i cracked it. So now i need a new screen

I wasnt really looking for a new lap top but if the cost of the repair is going to be anywhere from 200 400 bucks, i was looking at just upgrading to a asus rog thats like 1100....or should i just get it fixed?
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What is your intended use for the computer? Was the old one doing everything you wanted it to do, or was it starting to show its age (besides the hinges going out)?

Can you afford the $1100 expense vs the $200-400?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I could afford the new computer...although it would be an inconvenience as im trying to make a land purchase right now. I ended up just getting the repair ordered

Took it to a local shop and the guy said i insulated well a few years ago buying a higher end machine...and if its not giving me performance problems to just fix the screen for 200$
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
well you also have an option to get a new computer and use the old one connected to a monitor or tv.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top