Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 5:22:11 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like it's toast, but are you using different blank CDRs? perhaps your drive is picky.  

FWIW, I've had bad luck with a Sony CD/RW and a Creative Labs CD/RW; they often fail to successfully burn.  6 months ago I bought a Lite-On 52x24x52x CD/RW... i don't think it has produced a "coaster" yet, and it's FAST (burn a full audio CD in 2.5 - 3 mins).
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The Lite-ons are a good deal.  From work experience these drives hold up pretty work and wrok great.  

Regarding the death of a drive after a year, I believe it.  Things are so highly mass produced, and engineering products to be produced as fast and cheaply as possible sometimes takes it's toll.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
i was going to replace my 8x burner with a faster one, but ended up getting a DVD+RW. it was only $167 delivered. might be something to consider.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top