Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:01:11 PM EDT
I'm in the middle of my second system restore. Figured out that the latest Windows update is killing my internet connection. My belkin router is still working with my phone and tablet but my computer won't talk to it or any other Internet connection. My netgear wireless adapter still shows wireless connections in the area and even shows it's connected but I'm getting no internet. I've tried reinstalling the software but no response. Anyone else having issues? Any fixes or do I have to go back to win 7?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Completely rip out the driver and re-install it.  This includes deleting the device in device manager.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Completely rip out the driver and re-install it.  This includes deleting the device in device manager.
View Quote

Which one? The netgear software? The Belkin router software? Not sure which is not working? Like I said, the Netgear adapter is picking up wireless networks including my router, it is showing that it is connecting but it then reads "no internet connection".

I just finished my restore and everything is working at the moment. As soon as those new updates install I'm sure I will be screwed again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top