Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 11:43:12 AM EDT

Going through this procedure and wanted to relate my experience.  Could be something folks haven't considered.

Why is it important?  Well, I don't want someone to look up my address and get an idea of the layout of the house from pictures on real estate sites.

The default for these sites is to leave up any pictures until someone with authority to do so asks to take them down.

My experience so far is after my name is in the system it's easy to request the pictures to be taken down on the major sites.

Some of the other sites and google cache is more difficult and I'm still working on it.  Asking the listing agent to remove it off MLS and take down the pictures as well.

Trula and Zillow for example you need to take ownership of the house and then request or edit out the photos.

Google your address and see if there is information\pictures you don't want out there then try and take it down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top