Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2016 1:23:53 AM EDT
My belkin router and netgear wireless adapter were working fine when I turned my computer on this morning. But at some point they stopped talking. System still shows connection to the router but "no internet connection". Check the router with my phone and my phone is still getting internet through the router just fine. My desktop is my main connection to the router for changing settings on the router and the router icon usually shows green (when it has internet connection) or yellow (when the internet is down). Now the icon has no color. I try to change my router settings and it won't connect. I tried "fix it" and it was telling me to hook-up a Ethernet cable which I did but it didn't help. My wireless adapter will still hook up to one of the neighbors router and work. My belkin is still working with my phone but I'm having no luck getting my desktop and router working together again. Suggestions?

When it went down, I was running Norton and reinstalling my dell printer software (which is an old printer that does not work well with Win10).
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
router model and operating system information please.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you unplug everything, wait a couple of minutes, then restart everything?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, tried resetting...no dice

windows 10

belkin..N300 maybe...not home to look at it just now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
What I'm reading is your phone still connects to the router, and your desktop can connect to the neighbor's wireless through the wireless adapter, but it can't connect to your router?

If that's the case, I'd "forget" the settings on the desktop for your wireless connection to the router, and see if you can re-negotiate a signal.  I'd also check network settings to see if the Ethernet port was somehow shut off.  After that, I'd hard reset the router
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Fixed...don't know what the issue was but a system restore fixed it.

I was wrong the computer wasn't connecting to any network. Tried a Belkin wireless adapter to, still didn't work. Did a system restore this morning and it fixed the issue.

Any suggestions on what it may have been?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fixed...don't know what the issue was but a system restore fixed it.

I was wrong the computer wasn't connecting to any network. Tried a Belkin wireless adapter to, still didn't work. Did a system restore this morning and it fixed the issue.

Any suggestions on what it may have been?
View Quote

System Restore resets various registry hives back to a snapshot it stores, so it could be almost anything.  There's not enough information to make any sort of guess.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok...I take it back. Looks like the latest win 10 updates are killing my connection. Screwing with my printer too. Anyone else having issues?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top