Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2003 10:31:23 AM EDT
How do you record CD's into the MP3 format?
I figure I need some type of recording software?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Go out to www.download.com and enter CD RIPPING in the search box.  You'll find alot of software for converting .cda files to .mp3
Link Posted: 4/21/2003 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Moondog!
I'll check it out.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 4:33:56 AM EDT
[#3]
try the roxio easy cd creator 5 platinum.
it will do anything you want.cost is about
$99.00 but well worth it if you want to record
for mp3 or cd's for the car.
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 4:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Download a copy of EAC (Exact Audio Copy). It's a freeware program for reading data from audio CDs. Download a copy of LAME (Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder)....it actually is an MP3 encoder, it's freeware and it's very good. Set up EAC to use LAME, and you'll be good to go. EAC is considered on of the better readers, as it seems to handle even scratched disks, and LAME is about as good as it gets for an MP3 encoder. I use that combo all the time to rip MP3s for my iPod.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
to rip my CDs into MP3s, i use "AudioGrabber 1.81.2".  I think I downloaded it offa kazaa.  Easy program and fast too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/FreeRIP_MP3/[/url]

FreeRipMp3: it works like a charm.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:02:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Download a copy of EAC (Exact Audio Copy). It's a freeware program for reading data from audio CDs. Download a copy of LAME (Lame Ain't an Mp3 Encoder)....it actually is an MP3 encoder, it's freeware and it's very good. Set up EAC to use LAME, and you'll be good to go. EAC is considered on of the better readers, as it seems to handle even scratched disks, and LAME is about as good as it gets for an MP3 encoder. I use that combo all the time to rip MP3s for my iPod.....
View Quote

I use EAC also, works great.  I use musicmatch for MP3 encoding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top