Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2015 4:15:02 AM EDT
So this has happened twice now.... Verizon LG G3, less than three months old.  Twice it has been sitting on my desk, haven't touched it in hours, when suddenly I will hear audio coming from the external speaker.  First time it was some British guy talking about some sort of medical issue, like a doctor doing some infomercial crap or one of those youtube informational videos, and that went on for a few minutes while I tried to figure out what was going on, then gave up and reset the phone (power off/on).  Just now I got some lady talking about applying make-up.  That one only lasted for a few seconds and then ended on its own.  She literally spoke two sentences and then it stooped.

I didn't have youtube open, nor had I been watching youtube videos (ie the app wasn't open in the background).  I looked at the running tasks and couldn't find anything either time.  The phone doesn't look different -- there isn't a visible video playing, or audio stream with play/pause buttons etc, I just see my standard phone desktop and can find no sign of whatever is causing the damn thing to play whatever it is playing.  Its not like there was some intro in either piece of audio, like some bullshit targeted ad that was suddenly pushed to my phone.  Whatever is happening, its picking up whatever audio mid-stream.  I don't do podcasts, or stream audio, no pandora or any of that crap.  Just random audio starts coming out of my phone, for reasons as yet unknown to me.

Any idea what is going on?  

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoulda google'd before I posted.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/questions/14424493-audio-ads-playing-while-phone-is-locked-and-mfp-in-background

Turns out My Fitness Pal does this.

Only problem is, I uninstalled it a month ago.  So something else got installed along with it.  Trying to figure out what the hell is pushing ads to my phone.  In the middle of the night.  While my phone is on vibrate.  With all audio turned off.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reset phone to factory defaults.

Isn't that the advantage of android phones? All you contacts are synced online
View Quote

Sure, but all the free apps I've installed won't auto-install, and none of my configs will stay.  Spent a good amount of time putting everything where I want it and turning on/off various features.  Factory reset is a last resort.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 7:36:51 AM EDT
[#5]
When my S5 connects via Bluetooth to my car it plays the ringtone for my son two times. I have no idea why and have no clue how to stop it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top