Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
I've used DSL Reports in the past for information. Is there any other sites that you folks would recommend?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this for a home or business?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait, you actually get a choice? Here it's comcast or nothing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I've used DSL Reports in the past for information. Is there any other sites that you folks would recommend?
View Quote
Where do you live?

And inside or outside city limits?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait, you actually get a choice? Here it's comcast or nothing.
View Quote

Most every  place has choices.   It's just that often, most of the choices aren't any better than Comcast.

I will say this for Comcast:  They were willing to bite the bullet and put money into trenching and horizontal drilling up our entire valley to improve infrastructure and provide speeds in the double and triple digits to every single home in the valley, and the did it over a decade before anyone else was willing to do it.  I'm sure it cost them a huge mountain of money to do it, but the local telco is just now *kinda starting* to catch up, and then, only in some areas.

Their customer service, though.... wow.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]
We use charter and get something north of 45 whatevers. GB hz furlongs,  It's pretty good internet service really.  I think we pay about $55/mo for the service bundled with tv.

I've been wondering about using verizon and our cell phone package as a wifi hotspot though and upping our data plan accordingly.  Suspect it would not be near as good though, and not much cheaper 4-g's data plans are expensive, and i screwed up and dropped unlimited data.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Home. City limits of Lubbock,Tx. I've had at&t,suddenlink and my experience with them was horrible. And had Clearwire until Sprint bought them. Just using Cleartalk. I'm looking for a wireless service and understand the speeds aren't as fast but can live with it.
My buddy has been using Comcast in Ft. Worth and raves about their speed and service. Even sent me screen shots to mock me. But Comcast is NOT available here and such is life.
I'm not looking for any bundled packages just internet.
So any other websites that can help me find internet options?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want good internet, you want cable.

Suddenlink is hit or miss. When I lived in Nacogdoches, Suddenlink was pretty awesome. I paid for 25 MB internet, and they gave me 50 MB.

I had issues paying online once, kept having to call customer service to pay, which they charge you a fee for over the phone processing. They would waive it until they fixed my account. Until one day when I tried to call and some CS guy said they don't take payment over the phone (even though the automated teller said so). After I got upset with him and hung up, he sent me a customer service survey to my email. I was angry because I couldn't pay, nobody had fixed my online account, and I would be getting late fees.

So I checked everything on the survey that would be bad for them, told them I wouldn't recommend them, and then wrote my story on why I'm upset.

10 minutes after I submitted the survey, a head rep for Suddenlink CS called me and told me my account was fixed and that they would take care of my bill.

Now I am south of Tyler, TX in Flint. Suddenlink here is kind of "meh" (no idea how better or worse Tyler's Suddenlink is). I have several channels I have in my package that aren't available for some reason. I called their tech line several times and they can't fix it over the phone and all they tell me is "Oh, well...It seems we can't fix it over the line...I'm just going to write it in the comments on your account"

I'm taking it as "Well, I can't fix it remotely, and we should probably send someone out to fix it, but I don't feel like scheduling someone to come fix things we offer that you're paying for"
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:54:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait, you actually get a choice? Here it's comcast or nothing I'm willing to pay for.
View Quote

Fixed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top