Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2015 10:38:21 AM EDT
My guess is that delanceyplace.com got hacked, I just signed up for it last night with one of my knock around google accounts.

Even if they had the PW google would still have sent my phone a text with the access code

Also, the fact that google tracks where I log in from and what devices I use saved the day too.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think MFA is a good thing.  I use it, whenever it's an option.  We use it at work, as well.

It's not "hack-proof," by any means, but it's a step in the right direction.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I was using Google Authenticator for my personal (non-work) accounts and services.

But since we use Duo Security MFA at work, I finally got around to creating a Duo Security personal account and have since switched to using Duo. Granted, for Google I'm still forced to use Google TOTP, I use the Duo Security mobile app to handle TOTP generation instead of Google Authenticator.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it, in theory.  In practice, as an American who lives and deploys overseas, it's a huge pain in my ass.  They won't allow foreign phone numbers, even if it's my "home" phone, and I'm not always in a country I can use my phone in.  When I was a plain old vanilla living and working in 'merica dude it works fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like it, in theory.  In practice, as an American who lives and deploys overseas, it's a huge pain in my ass.  They won't allow foreign phone numbers, even if it's my "home" phone, and I'm not always in a country I can use my phone in.  When I was a plain old vanilla living and working in 'merica dude it works fine.
View Quote

You don't have to use a phone. Use a Yubikey. I have one as a backup in the event I lose my phone.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I use it for google, hotmail and yahoo, works great
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top