Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2015 3:24:34 AM EDT
Ok, so I have a ASUS gaming laptop, ( I will have to add my model number when I get home).

I have an issue logging in. So this is what it does..

When I turn it on, It goes straight to the black and gray lettered screen to start windows in safe mode etc.

Regardless of what I click, It freezes on the blue screen right before I can log in under my username.

While on that blue screen, The image of the blue background ( I guess you would consider it the windows blue background) is enlarged including the mouse cursor.

What the hell do I do? I've tried to search up stuff, but It's all in a different language. My computer didn't come with a recovery disc, so can I just buy a Windows 7 disc online and just pop it in and let the computer do the work? I paid an ass load for this computer, and as it sits, its a gigantic paper weight. I don't know shit about computers, so please speak in a special needs sort of way.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Which version of Windows?  This will help us determine which options you have available.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which version of Windows?  This will help us determine which options you have available.
View Quote

Windows 7 64 bit
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Windows 7 64 bit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Windows 7 64 bit

Home Premium, Pro, or Ultimate?  Once that is determined, download the appropriate ISO file from here to create an install/ rescue disk.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Home Premium, Pro, or Ultimate?  Once that is determined, download the appropriate ISO file from here to create an install/ rescue disk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Windows 7 64 bit

I'm assuming I need to do load that with the laptop that's having the issue? If so, I can't even get it to the home screen, much less log in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#5]
You can create the disk on another computer.  You are just creating a "new" windows install disk.  Once you have the right disk, you then boot to that disk on your laptop and look for repair options.  You may have to go to the bios to get it to boot to the DVD drive (F2 at the first BIOS screen, IIRC).

Mike
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:15:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can create the disk on another computer.  You are just creating a "new" windows install disk.  Once you have the right disk, you then boot to that disk on your laptop and look for repair options.  You may have to go to the bios to get it to boot to the DVD drive (F2 at the first BIOS screen, IIRC).

Mike
View Quote

Alright man. I'll give it a shot

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top