Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 2:31:52 PM EDT
For the past 2 years we've seen more and more of our faculty asking to use iPads and whatnot in the classroom.  At the moment they can use a VGA dongle to connect to the classroom projectors, but now they want to walk about the classroom while presenting.  I was tasked with trying to find a wireless presentation system that works with Windows as well as android and IOS.  So far my Google-Fu has only led me to one solution called WePresent WIPG 1000.  It looks like a great system (supports all the OSes we use, acts as an access point), but at $500 a pop they're a little pricey.  I was wondering if anyone else out there knows of a similar system that isn't as damaging to the wallet.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
How big is the user base?  If it's small your best best is probably to go Apple TV for the apple users and something inexpensive for the windows users. If it's large you're probably going to be stuck with an enterprise level piece of software/hardware which means $$$$.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How big is the user base?  If it's small your best best is probably to go Apple TV for the apple users and something inexpensive for the windows users. If it's large you're probably going to be stuck with an enterprise level piece of software/hardware which means $$$$.
View Quote

This. People ask for this stuff that is simple in concept but complex in execution and costs big bucks.

Once they see the price of mobility they might change their mind.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Last place I worked at used an Infocus Liteshow III with their auditorium projector.  IIRC there was an app for the Ipad to access it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
If you wanna go mid priced, the infocus lightshow 3, or wait till the 4 comes out as it will support HDMI if that is a need, and it works well. Also don't forget the cheap option, the Google Chromecast which will work with Windows, Apple and Android devices. My sister uses one in conjunction with a whiteboard in her classroom and it works great, her students can pop their screens up on the whiteboard and she can interact with them. Its pretty sweet what Google is doing in the classrooms nowadays, blows the competition out of the water.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  We're a small college (less than 1000 students), and the requests for mobility in the classroom come from a small but vocal minority.  At most we'll only need one person on the projector at a time, and we've got...about 30 rooms that would need to be covered, likely less depending on the cost (which may kill the project anyway).  I'll check our your suggestions and see what the powers that be think about it.  Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top