Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 4:42:12 PM EDT
Last time I got one of these it told me to delete a needed system file.

I OPENED MY E-MAIL THIS EVENING AND GOT A MESSAGE FROM A FRIEND ABOUT THE  JDBGMGR.EXE  
VIRUS. I WAS IN HIS ADDRESS BOOK, ALL OF YOU ARE IN MINE, I HAD IT, YOU HAVE IT!!!!!   NORTON AND STINGER DID NOT DETECT IT. IT LAYS DORMANT FOR 14 DAYS, IS SENT AUTOMATICALLY USING YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.

TO DELETE IT,
GO TO START,
FIND FILE,
WRITE THE NAME         JDBGMGR.EXE
CLICK FIND OR SEARCH
WHEN THE FILE IS FOUND, RIGHT CLICK ON IT, THEN DELETE IT, DON'T OPEN IT! THERE IS A BEAR ICON BEFORE THE FILE NAME. THEN DELETE IT AGAIN FROM YOUR RECYCLE BIN.

I'M SORRY MY FRIEND SENT IT TO ME, AND I SENT IT TO YOU. CALL ME AT (xxx) xxx-xxxx,
(xxx) 7xx-6xxx
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#1]
My computer says that file is "Microsoft® Debugger Registrar for Java."

Sounds bogus to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a hoax to me.  There was an email out a while ago where the originator would have you believe a file that's used for long filename support was a virus.  It's a shame people have nothing better to do than ask others to delete their system files.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Check it out on [url]www.snopes.com[/url] to see if it is a virus or hoax.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure is a hoax.

That is the debugger for JAVA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top