Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2002 7:32:21 AM EDT
I'm a newbie using Frontpage since I don't know HTML.  I'm trying to figure out how to link to a site so that it opens within your own page so that your banner on the top or side stays there while the other linked page is running.  Hope I'm being clear enough on what I mean, but I'm looking for links that do it to illustrate what i'm talking about.  Anybody know how to do this?
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I think what you want is to use frames. I am not sure how to do it in Frontpage, however, do yourself a BIG favor and learn HTML. In my opinion it is easier to write the code in notepad than to learn a WYSIWYG like frontpage or dreamweaver. Plus if you know the code, it makes it easier to do things in Frontpage and dreamweaver when you have to. A good HTML reference book is "HTML 4" by Elizabeth Castro (peachpit press). www.webmonkey.com also has good tutorials.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, thats what I had to do.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe you're talking about frames.
Depending on your version of Frontpage,the process of creating a framed page varies a bit.
However, and this is a BIG however, one should avoid using frames at all costs if you want to promote your site through search engines.

Nobody is going to find your page if it's not listed high up in search engines, and it won't be listed in search engines when, instead of the relevant keywords, all the Google Spider finds on your page is a text stating "This page uses frames."

Read on:

[url]http://elearn.mtsac.edu/olsc/frontpage/Books/RunFP98/00001/00142.htm[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top