Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2002 6:26:40 PM EDT
I just got a new computer, which is using windows XP. So far, everything is going OK, except that when i try to save an image using "save picture as" doesn't work if the image is either an .art file, or a .bmp file. When I do save this way, none of the programs on my computer can open the file. WTF gives? I figured I can get an answer here; Microsoft is about as much use as tits on a pig.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
What software are you using when you "save picture as"?

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:57:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry I haven't been around to answer, but after many tries, I finally figured out what was wrong; in all of the pictures I had been trying to save, the file extension was included in the picture's "name" so after saving, my computer was faced with a file that for all intents had 2 extensions. As an example, "****.gif" was saving as "****.gif.bmp" I should have picked up on that a lot sooner than I did, but hell, I don't know jack about computers. Thanks for trying to help, though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Check my reply on the other post...Hope it helps.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top