Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2002 4:20:18 PM EDT
OK, the YS Tech fan in my case's top blowhole is starting to go. It's making a pretty ferocious buzz. So I'm going on the hunt for some new 80mm fans. Any recommendations on something that's quiet and has tach-out on a 3-pin connector, and doesn't cost $10?

If anybody knows where to find 40x6mm quiet fans, I'd probably go for two of those to quiet down my Voodoo 5500.

JScott
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure where you can find these fans, but this guy seems to have an idea:

[url]http://people.freenet.de/s.urfer/v5500.htm[/url]

Quoted:
OK, the YS Tech fan in my case's top blowhole is starting to go. It's making a pretty ferocious buzz. So I'm going on the hunt for some new 80mm fans. Any recommendations on something that's quiet and has tach-out on a 3-pin connector, and doesn't cost $10?

If anybody knows where to find 40x6mm quiet fans, I'd probably go for two of those to quiet down my Voodoo 5500.

JScott
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/4/2002 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am not sure where you can find these fans, but this guy seems to have an idea:

[url]http://people.freenet.de/s.urfer/v5500.htm[/url]

View Quote

Thanks...I've seen that page before. Unfortunately that won't work because my PCI bus is packed and I don't have the space for that tall fan. The stock fans are 40x6mm, I might be able to do 40x10mm, but I can't do anything taller than that.

JScott
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out www.pcmods.com or www.xoxide.com.
Both sites have a variety of fans and custom fan grills.
They also offer water cooling kits.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top