Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 4:49:43 AM EDT
My wife had her 2 yr old Dell laptop nuked and reset. Win7 64 bit, i3 Intel, 4 GB ram. She is now complaining she can't play any flash games on it. Flash Player keeps saying she needs the latest update. Tried updating and it will not. Any suggestions before this thing becomes a range target?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:56:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You can go directly to Adobe's site and download the newest version.

Also yes you can install 32bit applications in a 64bit OS.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Tried that but it did not work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
win7 comes with a 64-bit and 32-bit browsers.  The "bitness" of the plug-in needs to match the browser.  Not all plug-in companies support the 64-bit browser, if that is the one she is trying to use.

Also, at the default security levels some browsers like IE10 disable most/all the plug-ins.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
win7 comes with a 64-bit and 32-bit browsers.  The "bitness" of the plug-in needs to match the browser.  Not all plug-in companies support the 64-bit browser, if that is the one she is trying to use.

Also, at the default security levels some browsers like IE10 disable most/all the plug-ins.
View Quote

This.  

Our computers at work were initially upgraded to a 64 bit Windows 7 image.  We couldn't access most of the required .mil sites for online training etc.  

If you look in C:/Program FIles (x86)/Internet Explorer you should see the iexplore.exe.  That's your 32 bit browser.  Make a shortcut on your desktop for it or just replace the existing shortcut's path to the 32 bit version.

We removed the shortcut to the 64 bit IE on all our systems and default it to the 32 bit version and have killed 99% of our issues.  

Hopefully that will resolve the issue for you.

ETA: we use IE 9 still.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
OK, I still cant get the update to work. I now get a message that it failed and have to manual install.

All this so the wife can play her freaking candy crush on Facebook.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to assume that you're using IE.  If this is the case, check which version of IE you're using.  If it's 11, you're probably going to have to revert back to an earlier version.  IE11 has issues with various plugins, including flash.  IMHO, try using a different browser.  I have the fewest problems with Firefox than any others, but that's just my $.02, ymmv.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to assume that you're using IE.  If this is the case, check which version of IE you're using.  If it's 11, you're probably going to have to revert back to an earlier version.  IE11 has issues with various plugins, including flash.  IMHO, try using a different browser.  I have the fewest problems with Firefox than any others, but that's just my $.02, ymmv.
View Quote

IE 11. I will try Firefox, thanks. Buddy of mine in our IT Dept. is going to re image it if this does not work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IE 11. I will try Firefox, thanks. Buddy of mine in our IT Dept. is going to re image it if this does not work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people are having problems getting flash to work (even though it's installed) on IE 11.  It's installed, but nothing recognizes that it's installed.

Uninstall the IE 11 Update and stay on IE 10, your flash problems will disappear.

That's what I had to do
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Replace browser with Chrome.  Flash is built in.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#10]
i saw this other day, does active x filtering have a check next to it?(uncheck it) sorry dont remember where it, maybe under safety?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top