Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2013 11:00:36 AM EDT
in production?  ECC 6 Business Suite.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 1:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
We are running BW on it. Looking to run full suite on HANA in the near future. I'm no Basis Admin though.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't really help with an answer but I will tag this to see if there are any other replies.

We just wrapped up a pretty big project to migrate SAP to a hosted environment. At the same time we upgraded to EHP6. HANA is on our radar but I don't think it's going to make into our next FY business planning. We will most likely implement HANA in 2015.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Right now my only concern is inability to scale out, up is expensive.  I'm approaching it from the infrastructure side so basis will thankfully be some other guys issue.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes - just setting up BW on Hana right now , in fact I will only have my Prd environment installed next week - this is tied into Data Services , ECC , BPC etc what do you want to know    
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes - just setting up BW on Hana right now , in fact I will only have my Prd environment installed next week - this is tied into Data Services , ECC , BPC etc what do you want to know    
View Quote

Business Suite with a HANA db, ecc 6.x on wintel front end.  I assume we will run BW/BI on hana as well at some point.  Basically does it work?  Does SAP actually hit dates for features like scale out vs scale up (expensive to scale up)?

Do you virtualize test/dev run multiple database instances on one dev box?

I can PM if you would prefer not to dump info in the forum.   thanks..

Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Basically we run 2 instances on one HP 980 for Dev and QA , our prod is a 980 by its self - when we went for the licensing we took the unlimited version , however we made a decision to only keep the last two years data in the system , and we use our old BW (on SQL) as a store - now that means we run parallel process chains, however 0 performance issues in ECC. We had to get the system data (at a point in time) the same - then we left the old BW PC running once a day , in hana we run "near time" every 5 mins - I freaking love it. with our SOX audit they asked us top dump BKPF and BSEG for the current fiscal into some txt files (for us that was 38 million rows) we already had the join created in BW - extracted 12 files in about 30 mins , including creating teh selection criteria every pull . so yes it works , apparently we will be able to make it even faster once we optimize the structures for hana.

If you want to know more detail PM me and we can arrange a call  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top