Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 2:45:25 PM EDT
I don't know Windows 8.  Bought a laptop a few months ago for my kid to take to college.  Dell, came with Windows 8.

Yesterday morning she turned it on and got a Dell logo on the screen with "Repairing disk errors.  This might take over and hour to complete."

That ran for five hours and she turned it off.

She turned it on again this morning, same Dell logo, only now its got the fancy Windows "dots in a circle" hourglass clone, and says "Scanning and repairing (C:), 0% completed."  Its been at 0% for several hours.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
ran all night and stayed at 0%

any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 2:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a bad hard drive, I would be hollering at Dell if I were you, should be under warranty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top