Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2013 8:28:06 PM EDT
I've been itching to build a media server, and then started researching using my old laptop as a server.

THEN I got curious about connecting one of me external HDD's directly to a router via USB.

So, tonight I picked up a Linksys N750 wireless router.  It took me a minute to set it up but right now I'm streaming John Carter over my wifi network (ssid: SKYNET ).

I've got some experimenting WRT what I can do thru that single USB port but I'm pretty happy!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I tried connecting a USB hub to the router and while it powered it up, it did not recognize any of the devices attached to it (HDD, flash drive, printer).

Looks like I'll have to download a special driver to connect to my Brother HL-2140.

Learning curve, this router has one

Multiple USB devices are not supported
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top