Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2013 6:28:44 PM EDT
Looking to move my Itunes music to my new S4. What is a good way to get ride of the craptastic Itune's protection. Free is best, but will pay for a quality program. Dont want to burn them all to disk, so that is out also.  Thanks.

If this is the wrong forum please delete.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:57:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I would like to know as well. Last time I looked it did not turn out so well
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I used audacity.
only converted 4 tracks so can't say how easy it is to use beyond that.
was an audio book, so I also cannot comment on quality of the conversion, only that it worked.

could not do multiple tracks at once, had to do them one at a time. not sure if there is a setting for it or not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2013 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Create a playlist of all your DRM music. Burn them all to Audio CDs in iTunes. After you burn to to the CD, delete the music off your computer, then rip the CDs back to your computer.

If you have a lot of music, it might take a while, but it is free except the cost of CDs. You have to burn as Audio CDs so you only get 10 to 12 ish songs per CD. Make sure you use the highest quality settings when you burn and rip.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]
setup your Google music account and share or upload your music, it will carry over the drm and allow you to play it anywhere including on your phone.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

setup your Google music account and share or upload your music, it will carry over the drm and allow you to play it anywhere including on your phone.
View Quote

I guess this works now, didn't used to. In the past I burned a music CD then ripped it to MP3.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I guess this works now, didn't used to. In the past I burned a music CD then ripped it to MP3.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup, it even supports the files the OP specified.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1100462?hl=en

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:37:00 AM EDT
[#7]
How many files are you talking about?  

Quickest/easiest is to re-download them after signing up for iTunes Match:  http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1711   Not free, but should get most of them for the price of a year subscription to Match.

I used Noteburner a while back also.  Not free either, but works fine.  It creates a virtual CD-RW on your hard drive to dump the files while "burning" them to a CD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top