Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2013 11:13:33 AM EDT
I need to locate 2-3 WinXP boxes for a small business owner I'm friends with. Their essential software requires XP Pro, I'm not going to let them buy more crappy used computers, and I'm a serious non-fan of the XP Mode in Win7 Pro..

Around New Years I found some nicely priced new Lenovo XP Pro computers at NewEgg, but they are no longer available. My new searches only come up with $1k+ HP Retail POS systems, and used computers.

Any ideas?

Yes, I am looking for other vertical market applications that are compatible with Win7.. But I need to follow this path first as it is the simplest and fastest temporary answer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out this seller:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rogerky/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I know it's ebay but I have bought a couple computers from this seller for projects and they have shipped fast and worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Whats wrong with XP mode in 7 Pro? I have used it many time very successfully with clients running legacy software, it works great.
Link Posted: 6/30/2013 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I need to locate 2-3 WinXP boxes for a small business owner I'm friends with. Their essential software requires XP Pro, I'm not going to let them buy more crappy used computers, and I'm a serious non-fan of the XP Mode in Win7 Pro..

Around New Years I found some nicely priced new Lenovo XP Pro computers at NewEgg, but they are no longer available. My new searches only come up with $1k+ HP Retail POS systems, and used computers.

Any ideas?

Yes, I am looking for other vertical market applications that are compatible with Win7.. But I need to follow this path first as it is the simplest and fastest temporary answer.

I can help you out if you can't find an online source. Dell OptiPlex 620 running XP Pro. I can buy them all day long for $100 each. I'd have to check my source tomorrow to see what the are selling off  this month. IM or email me.

I usually buy them from a huge health system surplus outfit. The drives are wiped but they frequently have upgraded drives and memory. I usually buy them  and install the Dell OEM XP Pro OS for my business customers. I can get them into a complete system for $150 including a 17" LCD plus my labor of course.

IM me or email me if you need help. ( edit, just saw you don't want used ) They are cheap enough you could buy extra units for spare parts. I've had really good luck with them
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You could try a "Wanted To Buy" in Craigslist.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 3:11:34 AM EDT
[#5]
new? awesome refurb deals at blair technology group if you need workstations.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 3:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
There are no "new" computers with XP, not legal ones anyway.  XP is EOL (End of life) and is not available for sale from any OEMs.  Your best bet is the used/secondary/refurb market.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
The owner is transitioning to a newer, Mac/Web based package.
Happy Days!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
If you wait long enough, the problem solves itself!  On the positive side, be thankful you didn't scrounge up the hardware and OS and do all the leg work to make the old app work, then find this out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I went through 5 Lenovos with xp pro this week. Some of our old equipment runs on them. If you still need them them let me know ill found out where we get them from
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:47:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, but I think the XP requirement is a thing of the past. :-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top