Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2012 6:41:04 AM EDT
I'm looking for some software that will allow me to rip a blu-ray disk to my hard drive in ISO format and allow me to convert it to normal DVD format and H.264 so I can play it on an android phone/tablet.

I used to swear by AnyDVD,CloneDVD and CloneDVD mobile but SlySoft has been lagging in the Blu-ray department. While they have AnyDVD HD which can rip a disk to the hard drive, they have nothing to burn Blu-ray to a normal DVD or convert it into a mobile format.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 7:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
They were the first ones to crack the BR code and continue to stay ahead of every update.

So basically you're saying what have you done for me lately?

I too, wish they would put out something in the same regards of backing up the BR without having to use third party software.

A mobile BR would take up about 5 to 20gigs on your mobile device.

Link Posted: 3/25/2012 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#2]
DVD Shrink or Handbrake?

(don't own a PC BD drive, so no experience)
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
As long as you already own the BR Disc, is it ok to just download a copy that someone else has already backed up and compressed?  

Link Posted: 3/25/2012 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#4]
If you don't need the menus and extra crap, rip it to mkv with MakeMKV then you can shrink in down for mobile size with HandBrake

You will want to figure out what resolution is best for your mobile devices, then set that up in HandBrake, output to mp4
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They were the first ones to crack the BR code and continue to stay ahead of every update.

So basically you're saying what have you done for me lately?

I too, wish they would put out something in the same regards of backing up the BR without having to use third party software.

A mobile BR would take up about 5 to 20gigs on your mobile device.

What I saying is I need a program like CloneDVD and CloneDVD mobile but that can process Blu-ray images. AnyDVD HD can not do that.

If I keep it in 720p/1080p it would be that large. It will be smaller if it's reduced to the screen size of my mobile device.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never done it, but you might try DVDfab.

It has 'convert to' options. Some of which have mobile devices in mind.

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I too am in the search for something like this. I have a ton of Blueray to ISO rips that I would love the make MKV files out of, but MakeMKV is way to buggy and you cant exactly count on the output being true. I have had a few too many issues with it to use it until it matures abit more.

Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I rip all of my blu ray and dvd to my media server. I have tried them all and have settled on dvd fab. I use h264 codec in mkv wrapper file format. 1080p blu ray end up about 10 gb with no perceptible divergence from the original.

I
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Divx plus converter has a mobile converter app.  I haven't used that function but I do use it for other format.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top