Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2011 6:11:31 AM EDT
Hello all, I need email help.

I still have an email address from my now defunct business through web.com. It is the slowest most awful email with zero spam protection.

I  opened a Yahoo mail account as an alternative but ever other email I send requires I key in a capchka. Today I tried sending an email to 20 people on my mailing list (yahoo says you can only send to max 20 addresses at one time) and I get a message:Your message was not sent Suspicious activity has been detected on your account. So screw Yahoo.

I've thought about using Comcast but A) I might switch to Fios & B) I didn't like their web based interface.

So my question: Can anyone recommend an email service for hire that has decent spam filters and will let me forward stuff to my family & friends without requiring capchkas? I am willing to pay a reasonable fee to keep my email address.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Rackspace.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Gmail. I switched to it years ago and have never found a need to change. No matter what ISP or device I can be annoyed by whatever idiocy my friends feel they need to send me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Gmail. I switched to it years ago and have never found a need to change. No matter what ISP or device I can be annoyed by whatever idiocy my friends feel they need to send me.

This.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Rackspace.
Don't you work for them?

Link Posted: 11/17/2011 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Gmail or spend a few bucks a year and get your own domain, and quit using web based interfaces, use a real email client like Outlook or the like, it makes email a lot easier to use.

Link Posted: 11/18/2011 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Gmail or spend a few bucks a year and get your own domain, and quit using web based interfaces, use a real email client like Outlook or the like, it makes email a lot easier to use.  

If you want to go this route, shoot me a PM. I can help get you all setup.
Link Posted: 11/18/2011 9:08:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hello all, I need email help.
I still have an email address from my now defunct business through web.com. It is the slowest most awful email with zero spam protection.
I  opened a Yahoo mail account as an alternative but ever other email I send requires I key in a capchka. Today I tried sending an email to 20 people on my mailing list (yahoo says you can only send to max 20 addresses at one time) and I get a message:Your message was not sent Suspicious activity has been detected on your account. So screw Yahoo.

I've thought about using Comcast but A) I might switch to Fios & B) I didn't like their web based interface.

So my question: Can anyone recommend an email service for hire that has decent spam filters and will let me forward stuff to my family & friends without requiring capchkas? I am willing to pay a reasonable fee to keep my email address.

Thanks!

Have you considered hotmail?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rackspace.

Bleh, use Apptix
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Rackspace.
Don't you work for them?

I do, but I don't use our commercial email.  Gmail does it for me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#10]
You don't have to use Comcast's Web interface.  It is possible to access your Comcast email account via POP3, using Thunderbird or whatever.  That's how I do it.  Haven't logged into Comcast's webmail since I got Thunderbird set up to send/receive via POP3.

I have also had an account at GMX.com for a couple of years.  Access has been reliable, and I've had no indication that personal information was compromised.  As with Comcast,  it's your choice to use Web-based email (browser) or POP3 (email client, e.g. Thunderbird) with GMX.com.

I ended up with a Gmail account by accident, when my old university moved all alumni accounts to Gmail.  I don't use it for anything except Google Voice, which is pretty neat, and almost worth signing up for a Gmail account by itself.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rackspace.
Don't you work for them?

No.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top