Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/29/2011 9:55:30 AM EDT
Im looking for a way to send a alert email via a script that detects something like a dirty or abrupt shutdown of a windows server based on the event log.  lets say you have a exchange 2007 ccr cluster and for what ever reason the Active node crashes and since the fail overs happen so quickly most of the monitoring software such as like WUG or nimsoft dont pick it up because it is outside of the polling cycle.  I am looking for a simple script that will route a simple smtp message that says "server mail01a of  vitualmail01 has crashed/rebooted due to *_*" the blank would be filled in by a event from the system or app log.  so what i am looking for a is a script that will:

send a message via a predetermined smtp server
Have a subjet that says what its for
then have a body that is pulled from a event n the server that crashed logs such as system or app.

Im not looking for someone to do this for me, just looking to be pointed in the right direction, any help would be greatly appriciated.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
if u have server 2008, use the task scheduler.  it can key off the windows event logs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
if u have server 2008, use the task scheduler.  it can key off the windows event logs.

its a mix of 2008 and 2003 in a mixed environment of excchange 2007 and 2010, so that would work for the 2010 servers but not the 2007 ones.  but thanks for the reply it will help
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Do u work 4 equifax?   http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-use-eventtriggersexe-to-send-e-mail-based-on-event-ids.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top