Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2011 6:52:31 AM EDT
I have a few old computers of various vintages.

Is it possible to take the hard drives out of these computers, hook them to a wiring device in order to use them as a USB plug-in on a new computer?

I'd just like to pull photo's off of these hard drives.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have used this adapter to transfer data from old hard drives. It will handle IDE hard drives (Including laptop drives) and SATA drives:

Hard drive adapter

You can also get external hard drive enclosures and turn the old hard drives into backup drives......
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one of these for such use:

http://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-USB-DSC5-3-5-Inch-Converter-Adapter/dp/B000HJ99DI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303660686&sr=8-1

You can also buy USB hard drive enclosures if you want to use the hard drive as an external drive.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
THANK YOU for the information!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top