Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 12:49:17 PM EDT
I'm running into more situations where I need something like Logme In Rescue, but I just can't justify the $1,100/year cost.  Does anybody know of an open source solution that allows for a tech to remotely control the computer of somebody that isn't a technical person?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 7:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
For free..... no.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 10:02:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Will Real VNC or Window's built-in Remote Desktop Viewer do what you need?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#4]
net meeting is part of windows. you just have to turn it on.
BUT you need an ip, so if you are behind a router you will need to get some sort of direct ip, not a 192 address.
use that all the time at work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#5]
So far I'm looking at Fog Creek CoPilot.  The monthly fee seems much more reasonable and still has the website init that I like.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
RDP?

I use this: Radmin, it's secure, cheap, easy, and reliable. Not free, but not a lot of cash either.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
teamviewer

Teamviewer is the best free option that is easy to use. The end user doesn't even need to install it, they can just run the app for a one time use.

I know of some big hardware vendors that use Teamviewer because it works well and is easy to use.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top