Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 8:51:27 AM EDT
I just want a nook sized device to browse the internet on my home wireless network. My B&W nook is about useless for that, but it is a nice book reader. Any thoughts appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Nook color and root it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm waiting for the dual-core tablets to come out in 2-3 months before I buy one.
You'll want a ~7" tablet, it will be similar in size to the Nook.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm gonna wait for more of the Tegra devices too, the only ones actually released seem to be the Viewsonic and the elocity. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think I'm gonna wait for more of the Tegra devices too, the only ones actually released seem to be the Viewsonic and the elocity. Thanks guys!

I have had the Viewsonic G Tablet since Thanksgiving. When it was first released the out of the box experience was not good. After the developers over at XDA got a hold of it they turned into a pretty sweet device. There are a few good custom ROMs to pick from. The only downside (which doesn't bother me much) is the screen's viewing angle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top