Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 9:33:18 AM EDT
I've been designated the IT lead on a project for choosing and implementing an Electronic Patient Registry at one of our practices.  I'm in the initial stage of trying to find an EPR that best suits our organization.  My boss is wanting to go with an application known as PPRnet, and i'm trying to find out of this application would even be applicable as an EPR, or if I need to continue looking at the product one of the project leaders had choosen which is Docsite.  

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  I know zilch about clinical stuff.  I get the basic idea that the app would be used for tracking chronic illness like Diabetes or Cardiovascular disease, but that's about the extent of my knowledge.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I work in healthcare, but just backend server stuff.  Hopefully someone will come along to recommend something.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea I do helpdesk and sysadmin stuff.   This is a whole new thing for me!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The Joys of HIPPA.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to learn the worst programming language in history, the VA's VistA system is more-or-less open source.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you want to learn the worst programming language in history, the VA's VistA system is more-or-less open source.

Honestly trying to stay away from open source/freebie type stuff.  Trying to find a product that isn't going to require a lot of time on my side to keep running.  With products like CDEMS it looks like there is a LOT of customization that is required at the IT level.  

PPRNet looks like it may be a decent choice since we are already using Practice Partner at our clinics, however it doesn't explicitly state that it is, or is not an EPR even though it looks as if it performs a lot of the same functions.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Think our system is called "Avatar" believe it or not. The EMR is by Netsmart Technologies. That's all i know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top