Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2010 9:26:12 PM EDT
Is there such a thing? I'd basically like to have my laptop and desktop setup to one, along with possibly an additional computer. So basically I'd like the output to be on two or three monitors.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:01:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You could always run Comp > KVM > Matrox dual/triple head2go > monitors.  Only one video connection to the KVM and computers and would be easier to set up in your OS.

But if you want a multi-monitor, multi-computer switch they do exist in all sorts of configurations. 2x2 is fairly reasonable, but they do get expensive in a hurry.

eta: 3x3 doesn't exist, and I can only find one 4x4 (without mouse/keyboard) and that is >$500.  So if you want 3 computers or three monitors you might be stuck with a 4x1 KVM > triple head2go.  Otherwise you're stuck with only two monitors.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes. IOGEAR makes them. Look them up on newegg.
-Foxxz
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the purpose of doing this?

A lot of times, you are better off with a remote-desktop set up (VNC, TSC, something like that) once you start working with more than one or two computers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 12:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the IOgear ones, 2 desktop computers. USB switches my mouse and keyboard too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes. IOGEAR makes them. Look them up on newegg.

-Foxxz

I've used this one. Newegg - StarTech SV221DD 2 Port StarView KVM Switch-Dual Display

It does not have USB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top