Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2009 8:12:37 PM EDT
if you do and care to give some pointers, im all ears.  what is the first thing i need to master to start using the program effectively?  ive never done any heavy photo editing but would like to learn
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Gimp sucks. It's got to be one of the most un-intuitive apps I've ever seen. Try paint.net.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Major archive of video tutorials here:

http://meetthegimp.org/

I'm using gimp for my photo editing.  Haven't had much time to mess with it, but I'm 99% sure that it's gonna do everything that I need it to.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I use paint.net and gimp,  paint is easier,   gimp once you are used to it works great too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Gimp sucks. It's got to be one of the most un-intuitive apps I've ever seen. Try paint.net.

Went to paint.net, had to download "driver robot", which then won't let you download paint until you pay 29.95 to update your drivers (which are not needed on my computer)

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm, no idea what driver robot is. This should help.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have been using Gimp, but having a really difficult time with it. I just kept wishing it had a way to keep track of the layers being used. After downloading paint.net, amazing...I can keep track of layers and history for multiple photos. Fast, easy interface for tools and colors...

That is why I keep an eye out for suggestions. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top