Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2009 12:45:44 PM EDT
....seeing how the only thing the help menu does is tell me whatt a fucking border is instead of actually telling me how I can actually put one around the fucking image?

I can't believe I spent the money for this crap. Should have just paid someone $500 to do what I need done because it's going to end up a lot cheaper than a smashed laptop.
Link Posted: 7/1/2009 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck it. I'm tired and grumpy. I'm going to bed and I'll just go to FedEx Kinkos tomorrow. Fuck Photshop.
Link Posted: 7/1/2009 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quick and easy

Image -> Canvas Size

Put how large of a border you want in the numbers

Check the "relative" box.

Select what color you want in the "Canvas Extension Color" menu.
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Oooh, answered by your nemesis! !
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 5:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2009 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Oooh, answered by your nemesis! !

I was going to edit his post to reflect his complete admiration for me but he's having a bad hair day....

I'll see you in Las Vegas!

...okay, now that I've had a few days sleep to catch up on the 2 weeks of being awake, let me see if I can't try this again.
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 5:32:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quick and easy

Image -> Canvas Size

Put how large of a border you want in the numbers

Check the "relative" box.

Select what color you want in the "Canvas Extension Color" menu.

That did not work at all.

I can get my document to look the way I want it in Microsoft Word but can't get it to print out in a 4x6 size like I need. I can get the size I need in Photoshop but I can't get the damn border around it. When I tried the above it only contain 25% of the lower right corner of the picture.

WTF? Over.

Link Posted: 7/4/2009 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#9]
There are two sizes:

Image size (how many pixels and how they print out (resolution)) and

Canvas size (used to make the "canvas" bigger so you have a border)

Add your border to your liking using canvas size. Then go to image size and resize the dimensions to your liking. Make sure "resample image" is not checked. You don't want to reduce your number of pixels, just how big it prints out.

Steps:

1. Add border using canvas size (see link I posted above)

2. Resize: Image > Resize > Image Size. Uncheck resample image. In "document size" boxes adjust to dimensions you want (4 x 6).

3. Print

4. Relax
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#10]

-Mark.

Link Posted: 7/4/2009 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 4:21:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks Mark but that's exactly what I did. I think the problem was that I was trying to print out a business logo with an address under it and some other info on a 4x6. Whenever I did what you're instruction said to do I only got the right lower 25% of my work in the left upper part of a white box with a black border around it.

Anyway, I talked my brother-in-law, who's a graphic designer into helping me out. E-mailed him the logo and told him what I needed and he e-mailed it back within 15 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#13]
What I usually do if you just need a quick plain border is:

select all
make new layer
edit > stroke
choose width, color and location
>ok
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:24:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What I usually do if you just need a quick plain border is:

select all
make new layer
edit > stroke
choose width, color and location
>ok

+1 This is an easy way to get a border.

jonblack
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#15]
You could open a new document that is the size you want the finished size of your output (print, etc) to be. Select transparent as the background color. Paste your image into this document. Using the scale tool, scale your image to get the desired relationship with the overall size of the document. You can also adjust the position relative to the border. For example, you can have a little more border at the bottom, much like a Polaroid instant. If you want a different background color, you can fill the background layer.

Hope this helps
jonblack
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#16]
how about the easy way?

Select all>edit>stroke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top