Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 5:01:30 PM EDT
got this mag puch from army surplus for $5 the other day and wanted to take some pictures of it, well i had some time today so i finally got to doing it. i talked to my dad and he said this is an ALICE pouch and he used them back in the early '90s while he was in the army, so i thought that was really cool. he said seeing that brought back some really good memories from is infantry days.

taking photos of this pouch really reminded me why i need a tripod, all of these were freehand, they could have been much better if i had a tripod. and when am i supposed to put up a "56k" warning, how do i know when to?

anyways here are the pictures, i am going to post a few now and some more later, if you guys could help me decide which ones to print out and what size i would really appreciate it. i really like the size 8X10 for prints but i kinda think some of these would be kinda cool in a smaller size to put ontop of a desk or something... idk, help me decide lol

keep i mind these are all huge files and had to resize on photobucket for this post, the raw file size is 3872 X 2592, so making 8X10 prints wont be a problem.

-Thanks for looking

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#1]
round two of the photos...

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
no one likes 'em?

lol
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm partial to #6
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#4]
11 looks good to me.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Eh, not to critique the acctual photo, but as a gurnt that carried that stuff when I first came in the service, I would suggest a few things as far as the staging of the shot.

The mags were carried with the feedlips down for a variety of reasons.  Plus up all the mags so that you have either 28 or 30 rounds in each one.  Get rid of the commie ammo and at least stage it so the top three rounds in each mag are brass case without the Wolf laqure finish on it.  Those of us that were in during the time that equipment was issued were trained to "kill a commie for mommie" as they were the enemy.  

If you adjust these things, the effort may come accross a bit better.

YMMV and my spelling sucks, I get it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Eh, not to critique the acctual photo, but as a gurnt that carried that stuff when I first came in the service, I would suggest a few things as far as the staging of the shot.

The mags were carried with the feedlips down for a variety of reasons.  Plus up all the mags so that you have either 28 or 30 rounds in each one.  Get rid of the commie ammo and at least stage it so the top three rounds in each mag are brass case without the Wolf laqure finish on it.  Those of us that were in during the time that equipment was issued were trained to "kill a commie for mommie" as they were the enemy.  

If you adjust these things, the effort may come accross a bit better.

YMMV and my spelling sucks, I get it.

yea i aso have a not so present item during the period, a PMAG in there too lol

i will defintely change what you commented on and post the new photos.

and thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#8]
6-8-10

Don't go black and white...

A-its not THAT old...some of us still carry them
B-it has way too much character to go black and white
C-If you don't re-stage the shot......go 6, 8, or 10 IMO
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
6-8-10

Don't go black and white...

A-its not THAT old...some of us still carry them
B-it has way too much character to go black and white
C-If you don't re-stage the shot......go 6, 8, or 10 IMO

i didnt mean to make the photos look really old by making them B&W, i just thought it looked kinda cool

i actually have restaged them, and i also found the belt that goes with this type of gear as well so i added that into the newer photos, i will still probably print out some from the old batch of photos.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top