Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:34:06 AM EDT
I'm looking for a high quality point & shoot camera.  I had many film SLRs and a few DSLRs, but I kind of got out of photography and sold them all of.  All I have now is a cheap little Samsung point & shoot and the picture quality blows (what did I expect for an $80 camera?)

Anyway . . . I'm looking for a quality point & shoot because I want something I can easily take with me in my bag on my motorcycle, throw in my range bag when I go shooting, etc etc.  And I don't feel like dealing with lenses, etc that go along with the DSLR addiction.

So, what do you guys recommend?  So far I've looked at the Canon G10 and the Canon SX1 IS.

My requirements:

- RAW
- Decent video quality
- Fairly compact/portable package
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
don't overlook Sony or Nikon. Lots of good point and shoot. I know you said you don't want the DSLR ....but the D80 has been tough and versatile for me. It is a little big. But it does give you point and shoot.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I'm completely avoiding a DSLR at this point.  Just too cumbersome to toss in my range bag or the tank bag on my bike.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been using the canon sx110 for about a year. Its a great point and shoot and is very easy to use outside of the auto function.
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=17480#ModelDetailAct
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top