Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2008 7:11:52 PM EDT
Just as an FYI for those interested.  Downloading as we speak.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you downloading it from Adobe?  How much is it?  Is it worth it?  I have elements right now I got a good deal on from Best Buy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I am considering upgrading.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some VERY nice new features in CS4.

The adjustment layers palette is handy, and the new configurator is going to make it nice to set up work space.

One of the big improvements is in Bridge. It works much better now as well. Especially with the changes to the output module.

Overall the interface is easier to use and there's a lot of good features.

Link Posted: 10/16/2008 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you downloading it from Adobe?  How much is it?  Is it worth it?  I have elements right now I got a good deal on from Best Buy.

Yes Downloaded from Adobe and was pretty fast download.  I got the Upgrade version and it was $199.  At first glance, Adobe Camera Raw is MUCH better with CS4 than CS3.  They included a few cool features which were added to LightRoom 2 like selective Exposure control.

It is a bit snappier than CS3.  If you have a PC and running Vista 64, you can take advantage of your extra memory if you have more than 4GBs.
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Crud, there goes another $200
Link Posted: 10/16/2008 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If you use Lightroom, and are a NAPP member, they also have this deal:

"If you’re a NAPP member, you can get the upgrade to Photoshop CS4, AND the upgrade to Lightroom 2, together as a bundle, for just $238."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top